9815 W. Happy
Valley Rd. Ste. #1140 Peoria, AZ 85383 • 623-572-8222 •
Click here for downloadable Recital Info Packet
Click here for list of what accessories your dancer needs!
“Dance to the Music” is the title for our 2013 Recital. Each class will only participate in (1) show. There will be Three (3) shows: a 6pm show on Friday, June 7th, an 11am show on Saturday, June 8th, and a 2pm show on Saturday, June 8th.
The “Company” and “Teen” classes will be in the Friday night show, the “Combo” and “Ages 5-7” classes will be in the 11am Saturday show, and the “Ages 6-8,” “Ages 7-10” and “Ages 9-11” classes will be in the 2pm Saturday show.
All dancers must attend Dress Rehearsal on June 1st. Pictures will be taken at dress rehearsal. Dress Rehearsal will be at L.A. Dance (the studio) and Recital will be held at Valley Vista High School located at 15550 N Parkview Pl Surprise, AZ 85374.
Recital tickets go on sale May 1st!! Pre-sale tickets are $12 each. Each family may purchase up to 6 tickets per show from May 1st-May 15th. Additional tickets will be available May 16th. Tickets at the door (if available) will be $15. There is no guarantee tickets will be available the day of the show. It is General Seating, and the doors will open approximately 30 minutes prior to show time! Make sure you purchase your tickets in advance! Buy your pre-sale tickets at the front desk.
Costumes should be arriving any time!! Please make sure that all costumes fit and proper alterations are done BEFORE dress rehearsal!
Each class needs specific accessories (tights/shoes) a list of the items that are needed for each class can be found on the bulletin board, website, or in the Costume Book at the front desk. Please make sure that you have the correct color/style of tights and shoes! If ordering accessories through the studio, order forms and payments must be turned in no later than May 1st. Items may also be purchased at Dee’s Dancewear, located on 83rd Ave & Bell (behind Del Taco). Please make sure that you have your tights before dress rehearsal! All tights need to be New and Clean for the recital!!
Hair Styles for Recital and Dress Rehearsal
Directions for your dancer’s specific Hair/Make-up/Accessory needs can be found in the Costume Book held up at the Front Desk!!
All Company Dancers- FULL PERFORMANCE Hair and Make-up!!! All Combo Classes, All Jazz Classes, All Hip Hop Classes, All Tap Classes- Hair needs to be in a curled ponytail! Make sure that all hair is pulled and sprayed back. If your child’s hair is not long enough for a ponytail- half-up and curly. (Make sure that your ponytail holder and bobby pins are the same color as your hair!)
All Ballet Classes- Hair needs to be in a tight, secured, bun with no fly-aways.
***All hair accessories need to be securely bobby pinned in hair***
CLASSES MUST WEAR MAKE-UP TO ENSURE YOUR CHILD’S
FACE DOES NOT GET WASHED OUT ON STAGE!
Ages 2 ˝- 5: Blue or Purple eye shadow, Mascara (I always recommend the CLEAR mascara just incase they rub their eyes, we don’t have a mess!!) pink blush, and red lipstick. (I would put their lip stick into a clear baggy with their name on it to send back stage to have the backstage mom apply right before they perform!)
Purple eye shadow, black mascara, black eyeliner if possible, pink blush,
and red lipstick.
Make sure that all make-up is A LOT heavier than what you would usually wear!!
Please NO video taping or photography during the Recital or Concert. This is for the safety of the Dancers!! You may video tape your child during Dress Rehearsal. DVDs of either show may be purchased at Recital.
Recital Pictures/Dress Rehearsal Instructions:
· Dress Rehearsal and Pictures are being held at the studio—L.A. Dance (where classes are held: 9815 W. Happy Valley Rd., Ste. #1140, Peoria AZ 85383) on JUNE 1st. Times below. **Company members will have pictures and Dress Rehearsal on Friday, May 31st at the Studio. Click here for the schedule.
· Picture order forms are available at the front desk. Please have paper work and checks ready before arriving to Dress Rehearsal. Class photos and individual poses will be available.
· Please No Parents in the Picture Area. This is a direct request from the Photographer!!
· There is no obligation to purchase photos.
· After pictures are taken, each class will go into Room #3 (largest studio room) and rehearse their dance. Parents are welcome to watch.
We run an organized and timely Dress Rehearsal; your help with the process will guarantee a professional production. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled picture time. We will not be able to wait for late students and still keep to our schedule.
Click here for the COMPANY Dress Rehearsal Schedule!
Dancers are required to arrive 30 minutes prior to your recital show time. There will be L.A. Dance signs directing “Dancers” which way to go. Please make sure that you sign your child in! Your child must be signed-out by the same person when leaving for security purposes! Backstage Mom: These moms will stay with dancers throughout the show. A sign-up sheet is at the front desk for moms interested in being the designated Backstage Mom. Backstage, there will be a TV/VCR playing Disney movies. We also have coloring books, games, etc. for the dancers to use. All dancers will remain backstage during the ENTIRE show. For safety reasons, the backstage doors will be locked. NO ONE will be allowed to leave early from backstage. All dancers will participate in the Finale at the end of the show. At the conclusion of the performance, please send ONE adult to sign your child out. Please be patient with this process, and remember the lines will go faster if you send only ONE parent to pick up your dancer. If your child is 9 or older (students in the ages 9-11 and teen classes), you may exit the auditorium and wait for them in the cafeteria. Before the recital, be sure that you have talked with your child regarding where you will meet her when the show is finished. PLEASE have your child use the restroom prior to dropping them off in dressing rooms!! Thank you!
If you would like to order a custom engraved trophy for your dancer, orders are due no later than May 15th. Order forms can be found at the front desk.
· June tuition is due between the 1st and 7th of June as usual and Classes will STILL BE HELD until June 23rd, 20813.
· If you or your Business would like to place an advertisement or Congratulate your dancer in our program, please contact Ashley: firstname.lastname@example.org. Prices: $100 Full Page, $50 ˝ Page, or $30 for Ľ Page. All ads are due April 15th! The program reaches approximately 350 families! If you would like the ad to be custom-designed, please add $10.
· If your dancer’s dad is interested in participating in our annual “Dads Dance” at recital, the first practice is April 15th and will be held every Monday thereafter from 8-9pm. Rehearsals will be held at the studio. A sign-up sheet is at the front desk.
· Make sure you are pre-registered for Summer Classes. Summer Classes run from July 8th-August 23rd! Registration begins May 1st!
· Fall Classes begin September 3rd. Registration begins May 1st, so save your dancer’s spot today! Classes fill up very quickly.
· Flowers, “Recital Monkeys,” and DVDs of the performances will be for sale during intermission at each show!!
Directions to Valley Vista High School
15550 N Parkview Pl Surprise, AZ 85374
We look forward to an amazing show!
Please Contact the Studio With Any Questions
9815 W. Happy Valley Rd.
Peoria, AZ 85383